Tuesday, April 22, 2008

more tech support hijinx

So...because I never did convince Readyhosting tech support that my e-mail address was unreliable, I am dropping that address and ultimately, eventually, I'll drop that host altogether. Who needs the aggravation?

Anyway, a new e-mail address requires changing my address with all companies that send me notifications.

Among those is iBackup, which does off-site backup. (I don't trust myself to remember to back up so I have this company do it automatically every night.)

Theoretically, I should be able to just go into my profile and change my e-mail address there. Theoretically. Too bad it didn't work. So I contacted tech support.

Evidently, "This issue may occur, if the notification has not be update correctly."

Look at the rigamarole I have to go through simply to change my e-mail address:


Dear sdtex2001,

This is in reference with your Request Ticket Number: ST00082276.

This issue may occur, if the notification has not be update correctly.

We request you to follow the following steps to resolve the issue:
1. Login to the application interface with your login credentials.
2. Disable the existing notifications.
3. Navigate to task manager and kill all the process related to IBackup
for Windows.
4. Navigate to Add and Remove programs in Control Panel, Uninstall the
existing application.
5. Restart the system.
6. Download and install the IBackup for windows application from the
link below:
http://www.ibackup.com/ibwin/downloads/IBWin90502setup.exe
If you require the advanced backup features, We request you to download
and install the the advanced backup plug-in from the link below:
http://www.ibackup.com/ibwin/downloads/AdvBackupPlugin.exe

Once the application is installed, We request you to setup the email
notification again.

No comments: