Tuesday, July 8, 2008

mind if i'm an asshole?

Have you ever wished you could be a total asshole? Just say whatever you want to whomever you want to say it?

As outspoken as I am, I also bite my tongue a lot. Most of us do, no doubt. But don’t you wish, sometimes, you could just let it rip? Speak all those unspokens, loud and proud?

I know, I know. If you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all. Are there really people who don’t ever have a negative thought? What’s that like?

Now and then, all those unspoken, snide, critical totally assholic comments back up in my brain until I can’t believe that they aren’t making my skull bulge. Tom and I sometimes vent those wish-I-coulda-saids to each other, just to get them out of our systems so our heads don’t explode. That helps a little.

Some people don’t worry about stuff like that. They say whatever they want. We hate those people and call them total assholes. I don’t want people to hate me, most of the time. Sometimes, I think it wouldn’t be a big deal. Go ahead, hate me. At least my head didn’t explode.

Digg my article

1 comment:

Iggy said...

Every once in a while I wish I could be like Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket...without being shot dead in a latrine on a moonlit night, of course.

Yes, it's a dream I have.