Thursday, June 12, 2008

tom says

"Poor dad"


Dad, would you prefer dull (far left), butt-ugly (far right) or elastic-waist shorts? (Middle photo, far left. Or perhaps slightly too-short shorts. I have no particular gripes about the third pair of shorts but they need to keep better company.) Which says "I love you" to you?

For rich dad we have bling. Note the quote under the little photo of father and son. Presumably the little boy is supposed to have said that but do the copywriters know what the idiom "you wind me up" means? So are we celebrating dad's magic ability to wind his kids up? Yeah, OK. Tasteless bling should do the trick.



And finally, I'm not sure what annoys me about this ad--too bad my scanner is too small for full page ads--but it does. Please fill in your own mocks.



Digg my article

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The guy in the 3rd ad reminds me of John Stamos - Uncle Jesse from "Full House."