Sunday, June 29, 2008

more on money

Coincidentally, here's an interesting Wall Street Journal column about downsizing, by a guy who found his career plans torpedoed because he had too much house to sell in a timely fashion in this economy. Now he and his wife are realizing that they have much more house than they need and are planning a big downsize.

So far, email on my frugality op-ed has been almost completely positive, except for the one I mentioned. I got another email from the same guy suggesting my column was less about being frugal than being envious. Well, sure. I've never made a secret that envy is my Deadly Sin of choice. I envy people with money, yup, sure do. I particularly envy people who have money they don't have to actually work for. Wow, wouldn't that be nice?

Still, I've made my choices and it's just nice to be on what feels like winning side of the economy for once.

(BTW, the fellow who emailed concerned about my state of mind commented on an "undertow" of anger in my recent blogs. I told him he flattered me--they were blatantly angry. His concern was really nice, though.)

Digg my article

No comments: