Friday, December 19, 2008

flotsam friday

Well, I’ve scraped together a wee bit o flotsam for you.

Such as a couple of my favorite recent subject lines:

Last-minute holiday hairstyles!
For some reason, this doesn’t make sense to me. Especially since when you click through, it takes you to a page with a bunch of photos of celebrities with hairstyles, which probably weren’t last minute at all. I don’t know. What is a last-minute hairstyle? Maybe I’m easily confused. I clicked through to the Editors Picks (“Holiday hair in a cinch” which also makes no sense) and it was just products.

Alas, this e-mail did not come to me, but to my friend Mary: Urgent Christmas note from Alex Trebek

My god, what's happening to Alex Trebek? Can we save him?

And here’s the tortured PR lede du jour:

Herman Melville, Jack Kerouac and John Steinbeck would tell anyone an all-inclusive trip to Mazatlan, Mexico for $185 per person or $250 per couple is more than a steal. They spent hours on the coastlines and in the downtown streets of Old Mazatlan soaking in the culture and personality of this beautiful Pacific Coast town.

When communications majors communicate…

Here’s a good blog post
(thanks Ms. Krit) that marries a couple of my favorite topics—impulse buys and inflatable yard décor. PLUS A Christmas Story, which seems to be everyone’s favorite Christmas movie these days. (Or is it? Discuss.)

Need gift ideas? Shameless self-promotion: Here’s my fitness DVD gift round-up.

I have watched this doggie video 100 times and I’m still not sick of it. And I want a dog named Mabel.



And finally, a little holiday cheer:


Digg my article

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop watching that pug video either. "You wanna go for a riiiiiiiide?" *tilt*