Tuesday, October 28, 2008

cotton candy tomorrow night

Oh yeah--tomorrow night, I'll be at the AllGood Cafe to see a screening of Cotton Candy, a 1978 Ron Howard film about a battle of the bands that was filmed in Dallas. The bad guys band features my longtime buddy Mark Ridlen a k a DJMrRid and one of my first roommates in Dallas, John Painter. (Boy, did that living situation end badly...I try not to think about it.) I've never seen the movie but I've heard about it for years and tomorrow night should be a hoot and a holler.

That's John in the bottom photo, far right, and Mark next to him. That's a heapin' helpin' o hair you got there, Mark.



Read more about the movie here.

Digg my article

2 comments:

Mr. Rid said...

What did you think of everything? Did you see John in the corner with Quigg and Liles?
They all ducked out 'for a smoke' and didn't return. Some things never change!

Sophie said...

I thought it was a lot of fun and I was annoyed that John ducked out. Rude. I saw Liles, didn't notice or recognize Quigg.