Friday, February 13, 2009

return of flotsam friday

How’s everybody holding up with this new economy? Kinda sucky, eh? I’m accepting work I would have turned down a year ago. I figure that’s what Obama is asking when he urges sacrifices and all pulling together. Besides, any checks are good checks, and perhaps I can help a few publications survive. I just hope they give me lots of love back when things turn around.

Anyhoo, it’s been a long time since we’ve had any flotsam so let’s get down.

I got this link from my friend Meryl and sent it on to Ms Krit who said, “It has now been proven that---without any doubt---the devil invented the internet.”

Ms Krit sent me this link to a Dutch catalog. Just watch. Brilliant.

Some Valentine’s Day flotsam:

Tom cooked his favorite food last night, Brussels sprouts, and our house smelled of ‘em all night. For the record, this is not an aphrodisiac. However, these foods evidently are.

If you’re planning a gift of a great experience for your sweetie, be sure you know what you’re doing. Research shows that emotions elicited by experiences, bad or good, “stay with us” longer than those from material purchases. So if the experience goes well (dinner, a trip, that sort of things) you will generate lots of happiness for a long time to come. But if things go badly, you’re gonna wish you went with flowers and chocolate.

Or perhaps a love poem.Here are some tips on writing one.

Did she like the poem? Hard to tell. Maybe you should have played some music while you read it to her.

And now, for your viewing pleasure...

I rarely watch videos that are more than a minute or two long, but this parade of stars from the CBS 50th Anniversary special in 1978 had me mesmerized.



And finally, two kid videos that made me laugh and laugh and laugh. And laugh. You will too. Guaranteed.





Digg my article

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

That CBS thing was great! I don't know whether I'm more surprised by how many of them are no longer with us or how many of them are.

Unknown said...

Those kid videos are priceless. The kitten girl is some kind of genius.