Sunday, April 12, 2009

gay goobers in sweaters: a souvenir

Just got home from a road trip through southern New Mexico. Our favorite stop was Truth or Consequences. (Read a little more here.) Not much going on in the little town except hot springs, which is good enough. We loved it.

The whole downtown pretty much shuts down on Tuesdays, which is why a thrift store was a highlight of our sightseeing. And I don't mean vintage (though T or C has lots of those, too.) I mean thrift store.

There, we found our favorite souvenirs of the trip, a collection of 1950s and '60s knitting pattern books.

Behold a sample, a little slide show I call Gay Goobers in Sweaters. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)



3 comments:

DogBlogger said...

Wow. Spectacular!

Loved your tweets on the trip. Couldn't think of anything clever to tweet back at you, though I'm sure all was well without my pithy remarks.

Anonymous said...

I particularly like the guy who is wearing a heavy knit sweater with tiny hotpants to play tennis.

Sophie said...

As long as the equipment stays cool, I guess...